Industrial-style furniture has been around for over a century, but it has experienced a resurgence in popularity in recent years. Today, designers are taking the raw, utilitarian aesthetic of industrial style and giving it a contemporary twist, resulting in some truly innovative and striking furniture pieces. In this article, we’ll explore the latest trends and innovations in contemporary industrial-style furniture and see how designers are pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in this aesthetic.
One of the most striking things about contemporary industrial-style furniture is the creative use of materials. While metal and wood are still popular choices, designers are experimenting with new materials, such as concrete, glass, and even recycled plastics. For example, British designer Benjamin Hubert has created a line of furniture that incorporates a high-performance composite made from industrial waste, resulting in pieces that are not only aesthetically unique but also environmentally friendly.
Another trend in contemporary industrial-style furniture is the incorporation of unexpected details and features. Designers are taking traditional industrial elements, such as exposed hardware and rough textures, and using them in unexpected ways. For example, Spanish designer Patricia Urquiola has created a line of chairs that feature a crisscrossing web of metal wires, giving the illusion of a delicate, lace-like structure. Similarly, Italian designer Antonio Aricò has created a series of tables and stools that incorporate metal chains, resulting in pieces that are simultaneously industrial and luxurious.
Of course, technology is also playing a role in the evolution of contemporary industrial-style furniture. Designers are using advanced manufacturing techniques, such as 3D printing, to create pieces that would have been impossible to produce just a few years ago. For example, Dutch designer Joris Laarman has created a series of chairs that are 3D printed in metal, resulting in pieces that are not only striking in appearance but also incredibly strong and durable.
Finally, contemporary industrial-style furniture is also becoming more versatile and adaptable to different settings. While industrial-style furniture was originally associated with factories and workshops, today’s designers are creating pieces that are equally at home in residential and commercial spaces. For example, Australian designer Tom Fereday has created a line of office chairs that incorporate industrial elements, such as metal frames and exposed hardware, but are also designed for comfort and ergonomics.
Contemporary industrial-style furniture is a dynamic and ever-evolving aesthetic that is pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in design. By experimenting with new materials, incorporating unexpected details, utilizing advanced manufacturing techniques, and creating pieces that are versatile and adaptable, today’s designers are proving that industrial style is anything but outdated. Whether you’re a fan of the raw, utilitarian aesthetic or just appreciate the creativity and innovation of contemporary design, there’s never been a better time to explore the world of industrial-style furniture.
Elektron Furniture can play a critical role in the production of contemporary industrial-style furniture. Here are a few ways we can help make this type of furniture:
- Collaborate with designers: Designers are the ones who come up with innovative ideas that push the boundaries of industrial-style furniture. Elektron Furniture can collaborate with designers to help bring their concepts to life, ensuring that the pieces are both aesthetically striking and functional.
- Source materials: Contemporary industrial-style furniture often incorporates usual materials, such as concrete, metal, or wood. Elektron Furniture can help by sourcing these materials and working with designers to determine the best way to use them in furniture production.
- Utilize advanced manufacturing techniques: To create some of the more intricate and complex pieces of contemporary industrial-style furniture, Elektron Furniture uses advanced manufacturing techniques, such as 3D printing or laser cutting. By investing in the latest technology, Elektron Furniture can help designers achieve their vision and produce truly cutting-edge furniture.
- Ensure quality and durability: Industrial-style furniture is often associated with a rugged, utilitarian aesthetic, but that doesn’t mean it should be poorly made. Elektron Furniture can help ensure that the furniture they produce is of high quality and built to last, even if it has an industrial look and feel.
- Emphasize sustainability: Sustainability is an important consideration for many consumers today, and it’s something that Elektron Furniture can help address. By using eco-friendly materials and production methods, Elektron Furniture can create contemporary industrial-style furniture that is both beautiful and environmentally responsible.
In summary, Elektron Furniture plays an important role in the production of contemporary industrial-style furniture. By collaborating with designers, sourcing unique materials, utilizing advanced manufacturing techniques, ensuring quality and durability, and emphasizing sustainability, Elektron Furniture can help create furniture that is not only visually striking but also functional and environmentally responsible. Contact Elektron Group, and whatever way you want to make the furniture, we will fully assist you.